Oct 7, 2008

kandy korn

Complete different outlook on life. Things are starting to change for myself. I'm finally starting to realize that I am the only kid left in this house. And that none of my siblings are around. It's way too quiet, and I'm definitely going to need to get used to this. I'm beginning to get more and more used to my teachers. I like Joe a lot, I like talking to him. He's the only person in that school that does actually care about every individual student, equally. He will take the time to explain things, and he never gets frustrated. The amount of respect he gets without ever yelling or getting mad is so insightful. I like having conversations about the government with him, before he makes a point on something, he makes sure he understands both points of view and both qualms for any idea. Joe is also an anarchist. Yesterday I hung out with Jackie after I took a nap when I got home from school. We drove around for a bit, went to North Branford, Lenny's house, Mikes house, Kyle's house, then back to Mikes. We watched most of the Shawshank Redemption, we left towards the end because it was late and everyone was talking so I couldn't even hear it. I thought it was really good for the majority that I watched. Being locked up would make me go insane, definitely. I'm going to make sure I never put myself in a position that would lead me there. The day before that, I hung out with Kyle and Brandon downtown. It was Sunday. I waited downtown for a few hours because Kyle didn't get out of work til' 5. I got there around 3, knowing I had to wait, and just sat around and waited by myself. I like being downtown though. I get to relax and think about a lot of things. I guess I can think whenever I want to, and I do. It's just nice. We didn't do anything when we all met up. We went to Moe's and then Gordon gave us a ride back to Kyle's house. My dad picked me up later on. Earlier that day, my family was suppose to come over for family day, and celebrate my birthday. It doesn't even feel like anything anymore. This Italian tradition from a loving family is now almost completely dead. My sister came, and my uncle came. Yeah I'm upset about this. Not because it was my birthday, but because no one ever comes anymore. Everyone is busy now, with better things to do. I'm still there.

No comments: